Domo Governance Datasets Connector

eriena
eriena Member
編集済: 5月 2023 仲間に相談

I have generated "Page and Card" by connecting Domo Governance Datasets Connector.
When I searched a specific page ID on the generated data, the page ID was not found.
But the page ID exists in my Domo instance and my account have access to the page and also to the connector.
Why does not the connector have all page ID?
What can be thought of as the problem?

ベストアンサー

• eriena
    eriena Member
    回答済み✓

jaeW_at_Onyx

Thank you for your reply.

I checked 1) and 2).
    Maybe 3) is the reason.

My access token may have been limited to access several page which contain cards unexpectedly. 

My account can access the page which the connector couldn't get.

May be the accessible range of the account and the accessible range of the access token different? 

Is there any way to check the access range of the access token?

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    回答済み✓

It'd probably be easier to just have a new access token created.

It seems reasonable to assume that .... your access token can not access the things that aren't showing up.

To confirm, try the same reports with an access token that has admin privileges. 

I'd argue, there isn't a good reason to create governance datasets with anything less than admin privileges.  you don't want multiple copies of the same governance reports because you don't want conflicting information.  

If you want users to see subsets of the content in Domo then use PDP AFTER the full dataset has been created.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

答え

• @eriena two things to check.

1) the governance reports are only accurate up to the time they were executed.  Was the page created AFTER the last time the connector was run?

2) if you're pulling 'Page and Card' then it should capture the cards SHARED to a page.  if a page has no cards on it, then it makes sense that it wouldn't see the page.  -- for your use case, strictly going by the names of the connectors, the 'Pages' connector would be appropriate for seeing ALL pages even those without cards.

3) recall, a Governance connecter uses an Access token to query objects in Domo.  Does the access token used have access to all the data in your instance? or was it set up for a non-admin user who may have limited access to objects?

hope that helps!  i know ... i said 2 ... turned into 3

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • eriena
    eriena Member
    回答済み✓

jaeW_at_Onyx

I checked 1) and 2).
    Maybe 3) is the reason.

My access token may have been limited to access several page which contain cards unexpectedly. 

My account can access the page which the connector couldn't get.

May be the accessible range of the account and the accessible range of the access token different? 

Is there any way to check the access range of the access token?

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    回答済み✓

It'd probably be easier to just have a new access token created.

It seems reasonable to assume that .... your access token can not access the things that aren't showing up.

To confirm, try the same reports with an access token that has admin privileges. 

I'd argue, there isn't a good reason to create governance datasets with anything less than admin privileges.  you don't want multiple copies of the same governance reports because you don't want conflicting information.  

If you want users to see subsets of the content in Domo then use PDP AFTER the full dataset has been created.

Jae Wilson

• jaeW_at_Onyx

I'm still trying to investigate to what extent an access token can access data.It seems that it will take time to resolve. Reply will be delayed.

• jaeW_at_Onyx.

I solved it finally.