Case Statement Issue: Summing (minutes / 60 = hours) / Count (Distinct)

Aloha,

I have been reading thru the boards and still have no solution.  Of course, I am still a novice at this....Here goes:

If column Specify type of PFC activity: = Video Teleconference Client Contact then sum column "Enter the number of minutes......" / 60; which would give me hours.

Then, divide the total hours by the distinct count of "Respondent IDs". 

BLUF: I need to calculate the Direct Service Hours of Video Teleconference Client Contact

My Beast Mode:

SUM(
CASE WHEN `Specify type of PFC activity:` LIKE '%Video Teleconference Client Contact%' THEN
(SUM(`Enter the number of minutes in direct service for this client contact activity (1 to 300 minutes):` *1)/60)
/ COUNT(DISTINCT `Respondent ID`)END)

Error: An issue has occurred during processing. We are unable to complete the request at this time.

I created a Sumo card using the dataflow to ensure I had all my column headers and row information correct (attached)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Hulachic5 

You've got a sum inside a sum function which won't work. You should be able to utilize something like (untested but should work):

SUM(
    CASE WHEN `Specify type of PFC activity:` LIKE '%Video Teleconference Client Contact%' THEN
    `Enter the number of minutes in direct service for this client contact activity (1 to 300 minutes):` *1 / 60
    END
    )
    / COUNT(DISTINCT `Respondent ID`)
    **Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Hulachic5 

You've got a sum inside a sum function which won't work. You should be able to utilize something like (untested but should work):

SUM(
    `Enter the number of minutes in direct service for this client contact activity (1 to 300 minutes):` *1 / 60
    END
    )
    / COUNT(DISTINCT `Respondent ID`)
    **Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**