Not sure what etl function to use

I am trying to create individual columns for each contact type. Theya re connected to the prospect id (ex. each prospect has their own indivdual id). I cant seem to figure out how to ahieve this using magic etl. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

If data is not showing up in your uncollapsed columns, be careful and ensure you match the spelling of the lookup value.  Domo is ruthlessly unforgiving ? with empty spaces and case sensitivity.

look through my screenshots how i SPREAD / Unpivot / One-hot-encode the Contact Type column into one column for each contact type.

cpature.PNGCapture.PNG

if you're still having problems.  As a testing step, i would

1) SELECT just the columns that I want to unpviot and the row identifier.

2) SPREAD rowIdentifier across unpivotColumn to see if it works.

Good luck!

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• You are going to want to use the Uncollapse Columns tile in the ETL to do this. The KB has a nice walkthrough on how to do this. Here is the link:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Prepare/Magic_Transforms/ETL_DataFlows/02ETL_Actions%3A_Edit_Columns#Uncollapse_Columns

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi Mark,

I tried to play around with uncollapse columns but woukd not let me create the new colums that i needed. Each prospect has a contact type and i am trying to create 4 new colums for the type of contact but everytime i run uncollapse colums it doesnt populate anything in the new colums. It seems like because the coolumn data i need is not a number but instead text. Does that make sense or am i doing something wrong? Thanks!

• @user13799 - Can you post a screen shot of your ETL to see what you're doing so we can help diagnose (making sure not to include any propietary data/PII/PHI etc)? The data type shouldn't matter when doing an uncollapse column.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

If data is not showing up in your uncollapsed columns, be careful and ensure you match the spelling of the lookup value.  Domo is ruthlessly unforgiving ? with empty spaces and case sensitivity.

look through my screenshots how i SPREAD / Unpivot / One-hot-encode the Contact Type column into one column for each contact type.

cpature.PNGCapture.PNG

if you're still having problems.  As a testing step, i would

1) SELECT just the columns that I want to unpviot and the row identifier.

2) SPREAD rowIdentifier across unpivotColumn to see if it works.

Good luck!

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi Jae,

Thisn was very helpful! Thank you very much

Look forward to chekcing out your youtube channel for help in the future.