How retrieve data from Firebase

Hello,

I try to retrieve data from Firebase without any success, the DOMO connector run without any error bu I get 0 data.

Regarding the API AUTHENTICATION KEY, I had one key but Firebase indicates this warning "Database secrets are currently deprecated and use a legacy Firebase token generator. Update your source code with the Firebase Admin SDK.".

Did I have to find a way to fix this before in order to get data from firebase or the problem is elsewhere ?

I the DOMO connector details, there are 2 optional fields : DATA TAG NAME and ROOT TAG NAME, do you know where to find this information in Firebase ?

Thank you for your help,

Philippe.

Comments

• Jarvis
    Jarvis Domo Employee

Hi StyLe,

I found this GitHub post:

https://github.com/FirebaseExtended/firebase-arduino/issues/224

It sounds like there's some possible options for generating the authentication key through their interface, but it might not yet be a full feature yet.

Are you building a custom connector?

It also may be worth reaching out to Firebase to see if they have any recommendations.

• Hi, sorry for late reply, I did not find a way to do it easily with DOMO so I change my mind and try to use BigQuery instead.

Thank you,

Philippe.

• @StyLe wrote:

I the DOMO connector details, there are 2 optional fields : DATA TAG NAME and ROOT TAG NAME, do you know where to find this information in Firebase ?

I'd love to know this as well, trying to link our Firebase data to DOMO as well using the built-in connector and having problems.

• StyLe
    StyLe Member

Hi PacoTaco,

I did not find the solution at the time, so I have used BigQuery directly as data source to build my DWH and Dashboards.

Thank you

Philippe.