Filtering a dashboard across multiple datasets

I am trying to use a page filter to filter my dashboard which consists of multiple cards and about 5 different data sets. All the datasets have the column that I want to filter, but yet when I try to apply the filter it doesn't apply to all options. 

For example: 

Say the filter is 'name' and I want to filter everything with the word apple in the name. So I type in apple and click apply to all. However, if i they type Apple Fruit it shows a whole bunch of titles which haven't been selected even though they should have been by filtering just on apple. 

Why is this? 

the only thing I can think is that there is a limit to the number of options that can be filtered? Admittedly it is a large dataset. 

Thanks for your help 

Comments

• I think I had the same problem as you a while ago. When you click on Add Filter, click on the arrow to the right of the column you are wanting to filter on. Then click on Select All. Here are some screenshots to help you.

filter1.PNGfilter2.PNG

This should make your filter apply to all the datasets on the card.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • It doesn't work for me. I use the data from 4 different Salesforce reports and it doesn't give an option to pick multiple. Please see below

DOMO.png

• Try deleting the filter and then see if you have the choices when you go to add it back again. When you are adding it back again, don't immediately click on the column name, look for the arrow to the right and click on that.

• No. Removing and adding also doesn't allow to select the dataset

• When you click on Add Filter and you go down to your Name column, do you see an arrow pointing to the right at all? Or is there no arrow? In the screenshot below, you can see the Acc Year column has an arrow pointing to the right. Do you have that in your instance?

filter1.PNG

Are you using any PDP policies or other security policies that would prevent you from seeing the datasets?

• Cool. It works now.

You are a rockstar!!

• I have made sure of this but I still get the same issue. I add the filter to the page making sure all data sets are select.

But I still get the issue that it only searches for filter values within one dataset 

This discussion has been closed.