How to show a count of rows from a table chart type as the summary number?

I have a dataset with a list of clients, the site they are listed on, and the count of the articles they've posted (aggregated in the card).  

I would like to show a summary number that is the count of the number of clients (which is also the count of the number of rows in the table chart).  Is this possibe?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

CdrMarks,

The simplest way would probably be to create a beast mode that does a distinct count of the client id. For example:

COUNT( DISTINCT `client id`)

"client id" would be whatever field you are using to aggregate the records in the table into one row per client.

You could then use that beast mode in the summary number.

I hope that helps!

Answers

• Do you have a unique identifier in your dataset, such as ID? If so, you can choose that column in your summary number and choose count and it should display the number of rows that you have in your dataset.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • zcameron
    zcameron Contributor
    Answer ✓

CdrMarks,

The simplest way would probably be to create a beast mode that does a distinct count of the client id. For example:

COUNT( DISTINCT `client id`)

"client id" would be whatever field you are using to aggregate the records in the table into one row per client.

You could then use that beast mode in the summary number.

I hope that helps!

• @MarkSnodgrass wrote:

Do you have a unique identifier in your dataset, such as ID? 

I have the client's username as a string.  The number I see as the summary number equals the number of rows in my dataset.  Since the third column of my table chart is a count of articles per client, it seems I cannot just use Count of username.

• @zcameron wrote:

The simplest way would probably be to create a beast mode that does a distinct count of the client id.

This worked perfectly.  Thank you Zack.

This discussion has been closed.