How can I restrict each user of a group to see each other ?

user39350
user39350 Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Comments

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor

Would you be able to elaborate a little more on what you are trying to acheive?

From a quick glance it seems you might be looking for information encompassing PDPs:  

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Personalized_Data_Permissions_(PDP)

• Suppose I am trying to build a architecture where there is a group calles A. All the members of the group A are sales representative. So all of them should have access to create pages or cards but none of them cannot see others pages or cards or profile. I am looking for suggestion in how to do that? Any directions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Sharmili

• Cartergan
    Cartergan Contributor

For this you can go to the admin settings for your Domo Instance. In here, you are able to create groups. From there, you can assign each group the appropriate access rights which will then limit their abilities within the instance.

• But I am interested to know how to control each users of a group. Suppose there are two groups USA-EAST and USA-WEST. A person A is the manager of both the group. A does not want USA-EAST can see the data for USA-WEST and vice-versa and along with that members of the individual group cannot see the pages or cards or profile of each other. I know using PDP first scenario is possible but for the second scenario what type of access rights should be given. Please let me know if there is any documentation or tutorial. 

Thanks,

Sharmili