Change Data Type from Importing

Hi, I am having problem when uploading Excel data which contains a column of invoice number. It has leading zeros however every time when I import the data, this column will become number type. 

I did searched here and found exactly the same problem. So I would like to know it's been years later can we select data type for Excel upload now?

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Data-Sources-and-Connectors/Uploading-Excel-Data-Type-Issues/m-p/12423

I tried to change and make sure the data types are Text before upload, but it will change to number.

Thank you.

Comments

• One possible work around is to add a prefix character (not a number) to your invoice number and then have Domo strip out the prefix in a data flow after you've imported your file.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• @GrantSmith wrote:

One possible work around is to add a prefix character (not a number) to your invoice number and then have Domo strip out the prefix in a data flow after you've imported your file.

Yeah I can do that but my data has 20K+ lines and multiple files every month.

Still hope DOMO can have the option to setup data types when importing. 

• The struggle is real!  Very frustrating...

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"