Sort Table by Field Count

Hi,

I have a list of locations in one column with a list of attributes in the second column. I need to count the number of locations attributed to each attribute in a table chart. How can i create this simple result? I haven't had accurate results using COUNT functionality.

thanks!

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if I am understanding well what you are trying to do but, you could do a beastmode  Count(Distinct `Location`)

then in your table , use the 'List of Attributes Field' as the first column in your table and bring the beastmode to the second column .... this will give you the name of the attribute and the distinct count of locations the attribute is present in

is that what you are trying to do ?

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if I am understanding well what you are trying to do but, you could do a beastmode  Count(Distinct `Location`)

then in your table , use the 'List of Attributes Field' as the first column in your table and bring the beastmode to the second column .... this will give you the name of the attribute and the distinct count of locations the attribute is present in

is that what you are trying to do ?

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Thanks! That totally worked I was counting on the wrong field...oops.