Do not Generate Output Table in transformation not available

Hello,

I'm looking how to not Generate an Output Table in a transformation ? I did not have this option neither in the transformation neither the dataflow.

In lot of tutorial, I saw that a pop up appear with : MagicETL, MySQL and Redshift and then in the editor there is a dropdown list with thoses 3 same options.

I did not have this, I have only Magic Transform : Blend, ETL, SQL, R Plugin.

Somebody else have the same issue or a way how to not generate an output table ?

Thank you for your help,

Philippe.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You want to use the SQL option.  You can then click on "+ADD TRANSFORM" and select the SQL option.  This will allow you to write SQL code that does not create an output table.  However, in order to save the dataflow, you will still need to create an output for the data flow.  This single transform will not create a new table though.

1.png

2.png

Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.  Let me know if you had a different question.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You want to use the SQL option.  You can then click on "+ADD TRANSFORM" and select the SQL option.  This will allow you to write SQL code that does not create an output table.  However, in order to save the dataflow, you will still need to create an output for the data flow.  This single transform will not create a new table though.

1.png

2.png

Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.  Let me know if you had a different question.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • StyLe
    StyLe Member

Thank you Superman ! That is excatly what I was looking for in order to create stocked procedure in domo.

Have a nice day,

Philippe.

• Nek
    Nek Member

thanks Superman, 

"This will allow you to write SQL code that does not create an output table.  However, in order to save the dataflow, you will still need to create an output for the data flow." but I don't know how to call the Transforms-SQL when I setup query to create output for my dataflow (if Transforms-Table, I can just select from the Table name, but I don't know how to get from Transform-SQL). Could you or anyone please teach me?

thank you!