How to get the information for Domo Governance Datasets to the lowest level?

Hi,

I am helping the IT team in my company to trace each Domo card to ALL of its dataflows and datasets behind. Domo has provided data governance datasets that are automatically generated by Domo itself everytime a new dataset or card is created. 

But it doesn't enable me to see all of the datasets behind, only the last transformation output that the card is based on. 

So for example: Card Sales Revenue is created based on the output dataset A. But dataset A itself is generated from 2 dataflows behind, B and C. B and C have their separate input datasets, D for B and E for C. 

But the Domo governance datasets only show the output dataset A as the data source for Card Sales Revenue, and not B and C, or D and E.

Is there any way to get the datasets and dataflows from behind too?

Thanks! 

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

oh , you should see 14 different reports you can connect to in the details report section of the connector.

if you can't see the reports or just few of them , you might need to ask your account manager at Domo to make them available in your instance but you should see them as they made them available for everyone already (I believe)

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 11.04.53 PM.png

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• The Data Governance Dataset are great and Yes you can get to your answer by building a dataflow that joins the datasets... for example   "Cards and Datasets"  with "Dataflow Details"

there are Cards link to a Dataset ID which it is present in the Dataflow Details as and Output Dataset and/or as an Input Dataset.  so , I suggest you taking very close look at the data fileds you can combine to design a dataset that tells you Card number 1 comes from Dataset 5 generated by dataflow 4 built from input datasets 2, 3, and 7

Does it make sense ?

Domo Arigato!

• Hi @Godiepi,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the Domo Governance datasets and see that I have these datasets:

• Pages and Cards
    • Cards and Datasets
    • Beastmodes (Datasets and Beastmodes)

For your suggestion "... so , I suggest you taking very close look at the data fileds you can combine to design a dataset that tells you Card number 1 comes from Dataset 5 generated by dataflow 4 built from input datasets 2, 3, and 7..." I can only find Dataset ID in the Cards and Datasets data, and I can't find the dataflow ID in the dataset. 

Can you please elaborate more about this step?

Thanks a lot!

• Oh and this one "...there are Cards link to a Dataset ID which it is present in the Dataflow Details as and Output Dataset and/or as an Input Dataset. " How do you get the information about output dataset or input dataset? All that there is is the dataset ID column. 

• Hi , Good morning.

Take a look at the screenshot attached with this brief explanation for a better sense of what I mean.

Taking these 3 datasets as an example from the Domo Governance Datasets

1) Dataflow Details

2) Cards and Datasets

3) Pages and Cards

all these datasets have ID fields that allow you to reference back and fort between datasets

fields such as DataflowID , Input Dataset ID, Output Dataset ID, Dataset ID, Card ID and Page ID.

in the dataflow details you'll find A dataflow ID that have one or multiple Input Dataset IDs and Output Dataset IDs,  these can be join to the Cards and Datasets using those IDs that at the same time have a Page ID and Cards ID, allowing you to join to the Pages and Cards dataset.  in this order you can find your answers to what datasets are being generated by a dataflow, also what datasets are powering an output dataset in a dataflow, what cards are attached to each dataset and what pages contain those cards. 

hope this helps

Domo Arigato!

• Hi @Godiepi ,

Thanks for your answer again! It's definitely what I want, but how do I find the dataset for Dataflow Details that you mentioned? 

All I have here are: Page-Card, Card-Dataset, and Card-Beastmodes.

How do I find the Dataflow Details dataset in Domo? What is the name of the dataset? I tried Domo Governance | Dataflow Details, and it returned no result.

Thanks again!

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

oh , you should see 14 different reports you can connect to in the details report section of the connector.

if you can't see the reports or just few of them , you might need to ask your account manager at Domo to make them available in your instance but you should see them as they made them available for everyone already (I believe)

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 11.04.53 PM.png

Domo Arigato!

• Awesome, thanks a lot @Godiepi!

I'll see whether I can get the data the user wants now using these new datasets. Will come back to you again if I have any other questions. 

Thanks again!