i used microsoft sql server connector

karthik
karthik Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hi,

i have ssms(sql server management studio) installed on my pc to connect to cloud connector i used microsoft sql server connector and gave the following credentials to connect to the cloud connector username,password,(hostname,portnumber,databasename) of ssms which is installed on my pc.

but iam getting following error 

Failed to authenticate. Verify the credentials and try again. Domo is ready but Sql Server returned: The TCP/IP connection to the host DESKTOP-A71UBOK, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

so please tell me what iam doing wrong and why its not working

Thank you

Comments

• AS
    AS Coach

Hi Karthik

Is the database on our machine, or is that just your machine name that you're using SSMS to connect to the database somewhere else?  It sounds to me like your machine isn't exposed to the internet.

You could try running Workbench on your machine and connecting to your database with ODBC, making sure to get the drivers and DSN set up as well.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"