Are beast modes in dashboard cards calculated/updated client side or server side?

Are beast modes in dashboard cards calculated/updated client side or server side? If someone is viewing the dashboard on a more limited machine, will it take longer to load a full dashboard of cards (which are based on beast modes)?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

A good rule of thumb is to use Chrome and if you must use IE/Edge, multiple your Chrome load times by infinity;)

Yes, my experience is IE and edge are slower.

Also, from the system requirements (https://knowledge.domo.com/Welcome/Getting_Started/02System_Requirements)

Domo supports the two most recent non-beta versions of the following browsers:

• Google Chrome *

• Mozilla Firefox * 

• Microsoft Edge

• Safari (Mac)

* Recommended

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• NewsomSolutions
    NewsomSolutions Domo Employee

99.9% confident it is server.  What may take long is other details in your visualization (page filters, dataset refreshing then rebuilding visual, etc).  

• Thanks for the reply -- my question stems from seeing the same dashboard load at different speeds on different machines. Do you happen to know if there is a significant difference between chome/edge browsers etc.?

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

A good rule of thumb is to use Chrome and if you must use IE/Edge, multiple your Chrome load times by infinity;)

Yes, my experience is IE and edge are slower.

Also, from the system requirements (https://knowledge.domo.com/Welcome/Getting_Started/02System_Requirements)

Domo supports the two most recent non-beta versions of the following browsers:

• Google Chrome *

• Mozilla Firefox * 

• Microsoft Edge

• Safari (Mac)

* Recommended

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"