How to resize cards in the layout view/dashboard?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

If you put your mouse between two cards, you can click and drag to resize:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

Hi @RamneetKohli 

I'm happy to take a look at your request. If you're using the beta Page Layouts feature you can find more information on resizing cards using this link: https://knowledge.domo.com?cid=dashboardlayouts

If you're using standard dashboard/card functionality then please refer to this link: http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=cardsizing

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Creed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • The below highlighted option doesn't work, we can only drag the cards in layout and not resize them based on our needs. Please let me know, if I am missing anything. As far as I know, I am only able to place the card in presized layouts and not resize the layout by dragging the borders. 

2018-12-11_14-20-34.jpg

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

Thank you for clarifying, it sounds like you are using standard page functionality and not the beta Layouts feature so the second link should provide details on how to size the cards appropriately.

Can you check to see if you have the Layouts feature enabled? If you click the wrench at the top of the page you should see an option for "Design Dashboard". Please note that this feature does not apply to your Overview page, so it would be best to use a different page. If this mode is turned on then you should be able to resize based on the directions in the screenshot that you referenced.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 12.33.09 PM.png 

Please let me know if that does not answer your question.

Thank you,

Creed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I am using the beta dashboard functionality, and below is the edit mode of dashboard. Could you please direct me how to resize cards here? I don't see the option. If I go over any card I can only drag the entire card to reposition but not resize. 2018-12-11_14-48-07.jpg

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

If you put your mouse between two cards, you can click and drag to resize:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • I can see what you are saying, thank you for this information. But it would be nice to have the flexibility to resize the layout box as well. For example, I have these three cards, if I put them in layout there is so much of white/blank space. How can I eliminate this?

I have attached the screenshot with this post. Let me know, if you don't see it

• The layout frame is a set size because that will be a full page (or slide) when you export the dashboard as a PDF (or power point).  

I would encourage you to look for a visualization to add or additional metrics that could add more context to the three cards you already have.

There is a bit of a learning curve to filling out the dashboard "pages"

This discussion has been closed.