Limit number of Rows in Bar Chart

Options

I'm trying to do a stack rank of a set of users using a grouped bar chart, however in the general settings, I'm unable to figure out how to limit the maximum rows. I've done it in the past for a single bar chart but for a grouped bar chart, this doesn't seem easily doable. Thanks!

Comments

• AS
    Options

Grouped bars and the like have different aggregation dimensionality than single bars, but they both use the single row limit feature.  You're trying to limit to aggregated groups, like top 5 reps but showing their products sold, compared to just top 5 reps in the single bars. Domo's row limit is trying to give you 5 highest sold product/rep combinations, not the top 5 reps while also showing the product detail. Domo really needs a limit that matches the aggregations in the cards, which is often one level up than the data is grouped.

That was a lot of usage of the word group.  Let me know if that didn't make sense.

Your workaround is to let a dataflow do that work for you.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • patmee_03
    Options

Thanks for the help! I ended up limiting the rows on my spreadsheet to only show the top 25. No biggie but it will have to be regularly updated on my end. Thanks!

@AS wrote:

Grouped bars and the like have different aggregation dimensionality than single bars, but they both use the single row limit feature.  You're trying to limit to aggregated groups, like top 5 reps but showing their products sold, compared to just top 5 reps in the single bars. Domo's row limit is trying to give you 5 highest sold product/rep combinations, not the top 5 reps while also showing the product detail. Domo really needs a limit that matches the aggregations in the cards, which is often one level up than the data is grouped.

That was a lot of usage of the word group.  Let me know if that didn't make sense.

Your workaround is to let a dataflow do that work for you.

This discussion has been closed.