How to create a gauge chart to compare yoy or wow or mom ?

Hi community,

i have a column of data that contain dates of several year and another column that contains its corresponding numbers. 

so i would like to use the gauges to represent yoy growth ? how do i do that ? how do i deal with the current value and previous value ? 

Comments

• Chips
    Chips Domo Employee

Hi @gav

Domo has built in YoY functionality, you will see Period over Period chart types in the Analyzer. I will assume you have tried that, and it hasn't quite accomplished what you need (I have had the same experience, completely understand). 

My recommendation would then be the following Beastmode approach (ultimately you can use it in whatever type of visual you like, but maybe easiest to first put it in a simple table card to validate):

Column 1 - Prior Year Beastmode

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR (*Your Date Column*) = 2017 THEN *Your Value Column* ELSE 0 END)

Column 2 - Current Year Beastmode

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR (*Your Date Column*) = 2018 THEN *Your Value Column* ELSE 0 END)

Column 3 - YoY Change Beastmode

(SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR (*Your Date Column*) = 2018 THEN *Your Value Column* ELSE 0 END)

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR (*Your Date Column*) = 2017 THEN *Your Value Column* ELSE 0 END))

/

SUM(CASE WHEN YEAR (*Your Date Column*) = 2017 THEN *Your Value Column* ELSE 0 END)

Domo Consultant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.