Using date values for both x-axis and y-axis in chart

I have a dataset with a number of series (10-20) with two sets of dates that want to plot on both axis (see example below):

x-axis - update date (date a schedule was run to project anticipated finish dates - each series will have the same update dates)

y-axis - finish date (projected finish date for each series - date specific to each series and each update date)

Is there a way to produce this chart in DOMO? I've tried a few ways and DOMO indicates unable to process data.

milestone trend chartmilestone trend chart 

Comments

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee

@user003279

First, I think this would be a great enhancement request. It doesn't look like it's currently possible to use a date value in both axes. That said, I have a potential, moderately tested workaround for you.

What I would do is create a new column that is a copy of one of the axes then convert it to a string. you could then use this to display the values and the original to sort and filter on.

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • BCorless
    BCorless Domo Employee

@user003279

I may be missing what you're trying to plot, but it sounds like a Gantt chart may work for what you want to visualize. This would give you a way of categorizing the series, and the chart will plot both the "start" and "end" dates of that series as a part of the project. Would that work for your needs?

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=ganttchart

If I have answered your question, please click "Yes" on my comment's option.

• Gantt chart works to visualize current schedule of tasks (one update) not to measure the trend of the completion of those tasks over multiple update periods. See image I posted originally for example.

• @user003279

Did any of the replies help? If so can you click on "Accept as Solution"?

Thanks!

• Hi @Jaketh13 , I took your recommendation and cast the date into varchar in tSQL before bring in DOMO. After doing this and put this varchar date on y axis, DOMO shows me nothing. Any idea why it doesn't work?

This discussion has been closed.