How can I filter data?

Hello Dojo,

I want to show data which contains tag "help_request" but not contains tag "closed_by_Merge"

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

So one thing you could do would be to edit the card and create a BeastMode to use for filtering.

You could do something like this:

CASE WHEN `Tags` LIKE '%help_request%' AND `Tags` NOT LIKE '%Closed_by_merge%' THEN 'Show' ELSE 'Not Show' END

You could then drop that BeastMode into your Filters section and either use it as a quick filter or set it to 'Show' so that the view becomes the default view for the card.

Let me know if you have any questions on this process.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Answers

• Hi Jennifer,

Can you tell me if "help_request" and "closed_by_Merge" are in the same column of data? Or are these two separate columns? I might be able to point you in the right direction once I know that.

In the mean time, here's a link that has some quick videos showing how to filter data:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Optimize/Filtering_Data/01Filtering_Data_in_a_Card_Details_View

Hope this helps,

ValiantSpur

• Hi ValiantSpur,

"Help_request" and "Closed_by_merge" are from the same column called "Tags". 

Thanks,

Jennifer.

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

So one thing you could do would be to edit the card and create a BeastMode to use for filtering.

You could do something like this:

CASE WHEN `Tags` LIKE '%help_request%' AND `Tags` NOT LIKE '%Closed_by_merge%' THEN 'Show' ELSE 'Not Show' END

You could then drop that BeastMode into your Filters section and either use it as a quick filter or set it to 'Show' so that the view becomes the default view for the card.

Let me know if you have any questions on this process.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

• Works like a dream!!!!

Thanks,

Jennifer.