New User: Calculated Field Sum Error; Cannot find resolution documentation

This is an elementary function, and I appear to be doing it correctly, yet I cannot get the correct outcome. I am using beast mode to add a calculated field, which combines the value of 2 raw data fields. However, the calculated field, no matter what I do, always returns blank values instead of a calculated value. What am I doing wrong here? See screenshots of data table and calcuation. 

The calculated field is "Club Access Revenue," which results from adding the "cash" and "credit" fields. Row 1 should equal 22, row 2 rhould equal 22, row 3 should equal 20, etc. But they're all blank.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You could try this:

ifnull(`Cash`,0) + ifnull(`Credit`,0)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

Try this :

SUM(IFNULL(`cash`,0) ) + SUM(IFNULL(`credit`,0) )

Hope this helps, tell me how it goes.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Thanks for the input. That formula gave me the result of 22+0=924. So, still trying to figure it out. Thanks.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You could try this:

ifnull(`Cash`,0) + ifnull(`Credit`,0)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • What does that data look like under this beastmode?  There must be multiple rows of data for each CheckIn.  If you use the aggregate SUM() function, it is going to total them all up, not just that one row.  

• This worked. Thank you so much for the help!