How to Lock Down Month End Results

Hi All-

I'm looking for an easy way to lock down month end data/results. I have looked at both SQL and recursive ETL options. These are too complex for a novice user. My challenge is that a crystal report pulls month end data on 'loan status'. (We are trying to get away from these hard copy reports and use DOMO). When I pull a 'snapshot' of the database into a DOMO visual, let's say a week after month end, there are obviously changes to the dataset vs. month end. 'Loan status' has changed (i.e from approved to funded) and when I do a look back for month end, the DOMO output does not match the crystal report. What would be helpful is a flag or timestamp such that I can show what the output was at the last day of each month and archive it for future use. 

Any 'simple' suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Trent

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Darius
    Darius Domo Employee

Hello Trent-T,

Thank you for posting your inquiry. The most simple solution would be to create a new dataset that runs once and pulls in your month-end data, but that may not be a viable solution if you have many reports and this may make it difficult to locate the right dataset when building a visualization due to the number of datasets that you would have as a result. The other option is more complicated. As you mentioned, you can accomplish your goal with a recursive dataflow, but this is a harder solution to implement. It sounds like you have considered these articles, but here are links if you wish to pursue that approach:

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=recursiveetl

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=recursivesql

If you have ideas of product features that you would like to see, please click on "Feedback" from the main navigation (grid icon) in your Domo account and provide an explanation of what you would like to see so our Product team can review the idea and consider it for future releases. Thank you!

Darius Rose
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you Darius for taking the time to respond. I will go down the recursive route and see if I can make it work. Cheers,

Trent

• Darius
    Darius Domo Employee

Thank you for getting back to me, Trent-T. If you run into trouble, please feel free to reach out to the Support team to get you back on track. Thank you for your time!

Darius Rose
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"