Set Workbench Job to Pull in Most Recent File

kbota
kbota Contributor

Is there a way to have a Workbench 'Local File Provider' job look for the most recent version of a file (based on the Date modified) so long as the naming schema for the file is consistent? I have a report that autoexports out of one of our software systems, but the file name when it exports is always "Listings_YEAR_MO_DAY_HR_MIN.txt" in which the YEAR, MO, DAY. HR, MIN placeholders are the date and time the file was exported. 

I have used the Box.com Advanced Connector before, and there was an option to have the most recent version of a report pulled in based on the date modified, but that was using a connector, not Workbench. Wondering if this same functionality is available with Workbench and/or if there is another way to have Workbench always pull in the correct (most recently exported) version of the report.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@kbota While it's possible to set up a Workbench job to watch a particular file, Workbench doesn't support dynamic name changes for files. If the name will be different each time, your best bet would be to write a PowerShell script that renames the file for you.

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@kbota While it's possible to set up a Workbench job to watch a particular file, Workbench doesn't support dynamic name changes for files. If the name will be different each time, your best bet would be to write a PowerShell script that renames the file for you.

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • kbota
    kbota Contributor

Thanks @Jaketh13, I will try that!

This discussion has been closed.