Facebook Insights - Facebook Advanced Ads Connector

Hi, 

I am trying to pull custom insights for all paid campaigns from the Facebook Advanced Ads connector.

While I get almost all the results that I am looking for, I get stuck with the results in 'start' and 'stop' dates column. Instead of getting actual Ad campaign 'start' and 'stop' dates, I get the genesis of the ad account as the 'start date' and the date when I run the report as the 'stop date' for all the campaigns. 

Has anyone come across this issue? Would you have a solution to this?

Look forward. 

Thanks,

Jimmy

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Darius
    Darius Domo Employee

Hello user04620,

The behavior you are seeing is based on the data returned from Facebook Ads API. Are you able to pull the kind of date values that you are interested in through the Facebook Ads API? We would be happy to pass details to the product feedback team about what we can do on our end to expand the functionality of the connector if this is currently available through Facebook's API. Thank you!

Darius Rose
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi Darius, 

Thanks for your reply. 

If I were to extract the Facebook report using 'General Metrics' instead of 'Custom Insights', I get the perfect post publishing date. However, the General Metrics format does not help me fetch breakdowns basis demographics and other parameters. And hence, General Metrics report does not help me much.

Look forward.

Jimmy

• Hi Darius, 

Would you have any update for me?

Kind regards,

Jimmy

• Darius
    Darius Domo Employee

Hello user04620,

To investigate further, we will need some data to review from Facebbook Ads and what you are working on inside of Domo. For this reason, it may be best to open a case with support so they can review in detail without your data being shared on this forum. Are you comfortable opening a support case to proceed? You can do so by navigating to support.domo.com and submitting the details of your request. Please let me know how that goes.

Darius Rose
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"