Sort order for legend not working

Hi,

I'm trying to sort a legend on multiple charts by High > Medium > Low and I'm using the formula below, then sticking it in the sort field, but its not sorting by it.  It looks to be sorting by the count of item in each of these categories.  What am I doing wrong?

(CASE
WHEN `EB Project Risk`='High' THEN 1
WHEN `EB Project Risk`='Medium' THEN 2
WHEN `EB Project Risk`='Low' THEN 3
END)

Best Answer

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Ok,

So, I think this should be what you need:

2017-10-17_150746.png

Use your last version where you can set the sorting aggregation to "no aggregation"  and set the General/Unsorted Data to True in Chart Properties.

Let me know how it goes!

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

Do you have any aggregation set in the sort field?

It should be set to no aggregation:

2017-10-16_174734.png

Hope this helps.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • I do not.  I don't even have an option for it. 

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Do you have any aggregation on your `EB Project Risk` field?

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• Its a pie chart and I'm counting the number of items in each category.

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Can you show me a screenshot of your card in the analyzer?

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Can't replicate your problem....

Try to remove your sort field and add it again, and even do that to the rest of the fields. Every scenario I test I end up with the aggregation option on the sort field and the correct results.

Please tell me how it goes.

Regards.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• So this is interesting.  I did try what you said and it did not work.  I even tried creating a brand new card with the same data and it did not work.  However what I did notice is that I was given a field for aggregation in the sort menu now.  I did make sure it was set to no aggregation but still not having any luck.

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

That is strange indeed!

If you want to send me a sample of your data I will have a look and see how it does on my platform...

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• I had to pull some data out of it for security reasons but it wasn't necessary for this chart.  The only field I'm looking at is EB Project Risk and I'm using Count as the aggregation for the chart.  I'm not using aggregation on the sort.  Thanks for helping me out with this!

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Ok,

So, I think this should be what you need:

2017-10-17_150746.png

Use your last version where you can set the sorting aggregation to "no aggregation"  and set the General/Unsorted Data to True in Chart Properties.

Let me know how it goes!

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• I cannot believe how simple that was. Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the time you put into looking at this.

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

No problem... I also overlook that.

Best Regards.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves