Possible to build a "roll up card?"

I need a "card" that will display certain metrics calculated by our existing cards. The Domo Design Studio came very close to what I need, but the "card" needs to be downloaded to a static document. Therefore, all of the tooltip information is lost and there is no way (I beleive) to show the actual value of the buckets in a bar, doughnut, etc. chart. Are there any methods, plugins, or apps that can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• PeterC
    PeterC Member
    Answer ✓

Cody - Thanks for the ideas.

I added the idea to the forum. Unfortunately, building the app is not something I am capable of. Also unfortunately, the powerpoint plugin does not recognize the Domo Design Studio cards, but it will help for other Domo needs in the future.

Answers

• codysirwin
    codysirwin Domo Employee

Great question.  To make sure I'm understanding this correctly, you'd like to build a DomoApp type card (multiple metrics/visuals) in a single card display, but when you try to export it (screenshot or print) you lose some of the contextual information since some of the metrics only display using a tooltip.  Is that correct?

Cody Irwin
    Manager, Technical Solutions
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Yes! Exactly.

Little side peice, with the Domo Design Studio the card can only be exported as a PNG and I lose a good amount of quality.

• codysirwin
    codysirwin Domo Employee

If that is the case, you may want to consider adding in the numbers you'd like to always see as their own widgets so that they are always displayed.  

It does seem like it would be a lot easier to have that as an option in the Design Studio approach.  If you agree, please submit that as an idea on the Dojo Ideas Exchange (http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas).

Another option would be to create a developer app, which would provide you with additional control over the visualization experience (https://developer.domo.com/docs/dev-studio/dev-studio-overview).

Regarding the static view export, we have a PowerPoint plugin that may make your life a little bit easier since it allows for the selection and snapshotting of DomoApps.  You can download it by going to your instance > Admin > Tool Downloads.  Here's the documentation on how the tool works: http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=domopowerpoint

Cody Irwin
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • codysirwin
    codysirwin Domo Employee

Regarding the exporting, if your target audience had an easier way to access it via the web, would you still need to export it?

Cody Irwin
  • Possibly. The final project is a scorecard for business partners and the standard in the industry is currently to send as a pdf or discuss in a face-to-face meeting. In regards to the face-to-face meeting, my supervisor is not to keen on sharing a screen with the party.

• PeterC
    PeterC Member
    Answer ✓

Cody - Thanks for the ideas.

I added the idea to the forum. Unfortunately, building the app is not something I am capable of. Also unfortunately, the powerpoint plugin does not recognize the Domo Design Studio cards, but it will help for other Domo needs in the future.