Calculating Inventory Over Time

I am trying to compute inventory levels over time based on invoices.  The invoices give me the relevant data of:

• Quantity coming in and date
  • Quantity going out and date

In the Excel world, I would have just made a list of dates and done a SUMIFS function.  What is the equivalent in the DOMO World?  Thanks for your time!

Best Answer

• Data_Warrior
    Data_Warrior Member
    Answer ✓

I found a solution outside of using SQL.  You just use a running total bar graph of the difference between in and out.

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

Something in the line of the folllowing Beastmode should help you (if i uderstand your question).

SUM (CASE WHEN Quantity_Coming_In    > 0 THEN Quantity_Coming_In

WHEN Quantity_Coming_Out > 0 THEN Quantity_Coming_Out * -1 END)

This could have to be adjusted to your data reality.

Say somethinh if you need more help.

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • That for some reason doesn't seem to capture beginning inventory in a relevant time period.  Harkening back to the old accounting days:

Beginning Inventory

+ Additions

- Subtractions

------------------------

Ending Inventory

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

That is because you are just suming values from your invoices based on your card date filters.

You have to take the beginig inventory into account or do a reverse calc from the end inventory if you have.

I think this would be easier to do in a Dataflow.

Hope this helps

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Data_Warrior
    Data_Warrior Member
    Answer ✓

I found a solution outside of using SQL.  You just use a running total bar graph of the difference between in and out.

This discussion has been closed.