CSV-SFTP Connector

swyatt
swyatt Contributor

Hello,

Our sftp site is not writable at the root directory. We need to be able to access a specific sub-directory. Is there a solution to this in the Host Name field? This could be a great sub for the workbench.

Best Answers

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Currently the connector will only pull files if they are found in the root directory.

We do have an advanced connector that can pull files from other directories.

Please feel free to open a ticket with support by email support@domo.com and let us know what you need brought in and we will assist you with it!

• amycaroline
    amycaroline Member
    Answer ✓

I opened a ticket for this and was directed to this documentation:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_with_Connectors/Configuring_Each_Connector/CSV_Advanced_Connector

Note: The user interface for building this connector is not yet available in our Connectors listing in the Data Center, meaning you will not be able to configure the connector on your own. However, we at Domo are more than happy to configure the connector for you so you can begin using it to pull your data into Domo. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your CSM or Domo Support.

A ticket to support requesting this connector helped solve my issue.

thanks for following up, Dani boy!

amy

Answers

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Does anybody have any suggestions for @swyatt?

• swyatt
    swyatt Contributor

This still hasn't been addressed. Would it be more beneficial to go to DomoSupport?

• @letsdothis can you or one of the support guys advise on the above?

Thanks!

Dani

• letsdothis
    letsdothis Domo Employee

Hello @swyatt This is a great question. My initial thoughts are that the connector will require a root directory access for the files. So we will need to dive in deeper to find a solution for you that will work. I've created support ticket number 00541205 and assigned it to my team. I'll have an engineer reach out to you as soon as possible. We'll send you an email from the case so you will be able to reply back to start the conversation. 

-@letsdothis

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • swyatt
    swyatt Contributor

Thank you very much! Let me know if you require additional information.

• creed
    creed Domo Employee

Has there been any additional discussion about this? We are experiencing the same issue with a customer who has data stored in an FTP subfolder.

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @creed Yes! Please feel free to open up a support ticket or stop by the support area we would be happy to help. 

Thanks!

I work for Domo.

• @Dark_Knight can you share the outcome of support ticket 00541205 for this thread?

Thanks!
    Dani

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Currently the connector will only pull files if they are found in the root directory.

We do have an advanced connector that can pull files from other directories.

Please feel free to open a ticket with support by email support@domo.com and let us know what you need brought in and we will assist you with it!

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

@Bulloko Does the advanced connector support wildcard characters or any other means of handling variable file names? Or will it only support explicitly named files?

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • I currently have same issues. Has this problem been solved? If so, can you please advise me how to pull the data from SFTP sub folder? Thanks

• @Bulloko, would @Caleb still need to open a support ticket in this case to get the desired effect for the advanced connector? Please advise.

Thanks!

• hey domosapiens -

the advanced connector will only download excel files.  the file i am extracting is a csv and i cannot put it in the root of the ftp site.

any workarounds or thoughts?

thank you!

amy

• @Dark_Knight any suggestions on the resurfacing of this thread?

Thanks!

Dani

• amycaroline
    amycaroline Member
    Answer ✓

I opened a ticket for this and was directed to this documentation:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_with_Connectors/Configuring_Each_Connector/CSV_Advanced_Connector

Note: The user interface for building this connector is not yet available in our Connectors listing in the Data Center, meaning you will not be able to configure the connector on your own. However, we at Domo are more than happy to configure the connector for you so you can begin using it to pull your data into Domo. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your CSM or Domo Support.

A ticket to support requesting this connector helped solve my issue.

thanks for following up, Dani boy!

amy

• Thanks @amycaroline for the update, I have marked this as a solultion for now to give your comment greater visibility.

Regards,

• swagner
    swagner Contributor

Couple of years down the road and I'm facing this same issue. CSV file I need is not in the root folder, rather down a few layers in subfolders. Any way to specify?