How to create a Correlation matrix?

Can someone help me with instructions on how to create a correlation matrix card in domo?

I am attaching an example for a correlation matrix.

Thanks

Sirisha

Comments

• smurray
    smurray Domo Employee

@Sirisha_Sindiri,

I am making the assumption that you already have the data for the Correlation Matrix, therefore you need help putting it in a card with the color mechanism.

You can do that by using a Table Card and then creating a Beast Mode for each column. Here is the code for the MPG column:

(CASE
    WHEN `MPG` >0 and `MPG`<.5
    THEN CONCAT('<div style="background-color:lightblue; color:black; width:100%; height:100%; position:relative; margin:-50px;padding: 50px">',`MPG`,'</div>')
    WHEN `MPG` >=.5 and `MPG`<.75
    THEN CONCAT('<div style="background-color:darkblue; color:white; width:100%; height:100%; position:relative; margin:-50px; padding:50px">',`MPG`,'</div>')
    WHEN `MPG` >=.75 and `MPG`<1
    THEN CONCAT('<div style="background-color:red; color:black; width:100%; height:100%; position:relative; margin:-50px; padding:50px">',`MPG`,'</div>')
    WHEN `MPG` >= 1
    THEN CONCAT('<div style="background-color:lightgray; color:black; width:100%; height:100%; position:relative; margin:-50px; padding:50px">',`MPG`,'</div>')
    ELSE
    CONCAT('<div style="background-color:white; color:black; width:100%; height:100%; position:relative; margin:-50px; padding:50px">',`MPG`,'</div>')
    END)

What I am doing here is testing the value of MPG and then creating an HTML DIV that provides the color.

If you create a Beast Mode for each column then you place the Formatted Beast Mode in the Table card and it will render the color from the DIV tag.

See the attachment of the card I built.

• @Sirisha_Sindiri, did @smurray's reply help you out?

• Hi @LizWR,

@smurray 's answer did help me to some extent. I came to know that html tags can be used to improve my cards and thanks to @smurray for that.

However, what I did not understand is how to get the column names in the top row and first column in the table card. Am I missing something here?

Please look below to understand how I have my data. In the below example, I have shown date as an example filter. I really appreciate your help.

From TypeTo TypeValueDate
    MPGMPG11-Nov
    MPG MPG0.81-Dec
    MPGReliability0.221-Nov
    MPGReiability0.341-Dec

Thanks

Sirisha

• Hi all,

Can anybody help out @Sirisha_Sindiri?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.