Formatting Heatmap and Table card

tleong
tleong Contributor

On a heatmap, is there a way to add titles to the top (instead of the bottom, or both) and have totals at the end of the column or rows?

For a table card, is there a way to add a blank column in the middle?  I have six columns, but want a blank column in the middle.

I would also like to be able to shade a column a different color.  Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

For the Beast Mode, that is correct. If would essentially look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.45.29 AM.png

It will need a label, and I don't think it will support just a space character " ". So you will have to consider what the label should look like, whatever makes sense for your use case.

For setting the color of a column, I do not believe it is a column-specific setting, rather you set the theme for the entire table like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.47.54 AM.png

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Answers

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee

Hi @tleong - I do not believe titles are supported at the top of Heatmap cards (although if you are creative enough, you can do pixel art with them, as one colleague did!) 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.10.27 AM.png

The closest I can suggest for getting a title on top of your Heatmap is to leverage the Summary Number label. 

If you are looking to get more details out of a "Heatmap-like" card, I would recommend using a Sumo Card, where you can turn on subtotals/totals and use conditional formatting on columns that behaves similarly to a heatmap. 

Depending on what your end-goal is, a "Heatmap Table" card will let you have column labels, but does not support totals.

As for showing a blank column in the middle, you can do a Beast Mode where the formula is simply an empty text string (i.e. ''). 

As for using multiple colors, you can see with the Mario pixel art above that you have flexibility in which colors are used for different number ranges, but as for controlling the colors used in different columns, I am not sure if that can be done. 

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • tleong
    tleong Contributor

For the blank column beast mode, I'm assuming I need a title.  If I want the title to be inconspicuous, can I name the beast mode "." or "_"?  Also, the text of the beast mode would just be ""?

If I want the entire column in a table card to be a certain color, what would the command be to execute this?

• AdamT
    AdamT Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

For the Beast Mode, that is correct. If would essentially look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.45.29 AM.png

It will need a label, and I don't think it will support just a space character " ". So you will have to consider what the label should look like, whatever makes sense for your use case.

For setting the color of a column, I do not believe it is a column-specific setting, rather you set the theme for the entire table like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.47.54 AM.png

-----
    I work for Domo.
  • @tleong, did any of the above replies help you out?

This discussion has been closed.