linking to a card

josh-m
josh-m Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I want to be able to share a link to a card with someone in DomoBuzz. It looks like if I go to that card I can '@' the person and a small link to the card will be included, but I can't simply '@' a card from any page. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

If you have a channel or private chat open with that person/persons, you can do one of two things:

• Just copy/paste the URL from the card.  Buzz will turn it into a link, but there will be no preview in the buzz window
    • Click on the paperclip icon and choose the card option.  Search for the card by name and select it.  It will be added as an image the user can preview or jump to.

In either event, permissions still apply for the other users.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @josh-m out?

Thanks!

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

If you have a channel or private chat open with that person/persons, you can do one of two things:

• Just copy/paste the URL from the card.  Buzz will turn it into a link, but there will be no preview in the buzz window
    • Click on the paperclip icon and choose the card option.  Search for the card by name and select it.  It will be added as an image the user can preview or jump to.

In either event, permissions still apply for the other users.

Aaron

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks Aaron, I don't see a paperclip in my instance. Do you have a screenshot or directions on where to find that?

• The paperclip icon is on the bottom left of the Buzz window, directly next to the "Write something..." text where you type a Buzz message.

I think it's available to all users, but if you don't see it there you may consider investigating that further.

Aaron

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@josh-m, tagging you to check out AS's last reply. 

• Hi AS, thanks for the reply. I definitely don't have a paperclip in my instance. Will investigate further at your suggestion!