Free DOMO limits?

Wardy
Wardy Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hi,

Can anyone please outline what the limitations are of free DOMO versus paid DOMO?

For example if I wanted to make some charts with a custom data source, what can't I do in free which I can do in paid?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Correct.  If you set it up in June it will never go back past May.  But Domo stores all the data it imports so next May you will have a years worth of data in Domo.

My understanding is that free accounts don't have access to support so the advanced connector isn't available to free accounts since it requires help from support to set it up.

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.

Answers

• adamchavez
    adamchavez Domo Employee

Hi Wardy!

Great question. Free allows you to get quite a bit done, but once you begin scaling you'll run into several limits:

• Support is not available in free ---- you can leverage the community here but don't have access to phone or email support.
    • Usage limitations, including data limits and limits to the kinds of users you can have
    • DataFlow limitations. In free, you only get access to Magic ETL. In paid versions, you can use a much wider range of transformation options --- including RedShift & MySQL
    • Connector & on-premise data limitations. In free you cannot use Workbench, which allows you to upload data from an on-premise database (SQLServer, etc.). You also are limited to the number of connectors.
    • Data refresh limits. In free you can only update your data once a day; in our Enterprise offering you can do high-frequency updates that are only limited by the 3rd-party API you're connecting to.
    • Hyper-personalized Sharing. In free you can share a card with a colleague to collaborate around an insight. Once you reach scale, sharing cards 1-1 gets pretty painful! In paid plans, you can create a group and then share with that group. You can also dynamically share content with others. So, if you only want executives to see certain rows of data, you can share a card out that gives the executives their view, while giving everybody else a view appropriate for their role. We call this dynamic-sharing Personalized Data Permissions, and it is AWESOME.

Other perks of our paid offerings include things like HIPAA-compliant instances, access to consultants, Single Sign On support and Two Factor Authentication, and a lot more.

If you have any feedback or want to discuss further, please reach out to me. Would love to hear your thoughts about how free has been so far.

Adam

• Wardy
    Wardy Member

Thanks Adam,

Regarding data limits..

You mention update the data once a day. Does this means it won't update automatically, unless I'm logged in?

How much data/rows are updated daily? For exaple, if I want to view GA data (currently is showing back to May - after one month of useing free tool) If for example I want to compare 2015 to this year, do you know how mlong it will take to import that data?

Thanks again for your help.

• adamchavez
    adamchavez Domo Employee

You mention update the data once a day. Does this means it won't update automatically, unless I'm logged in?

It will update automatically. But it will only update once every 24 hours, versus the high frequency updates you get with Enterprise.

How much data/rows are updated daily? For exaple, if I want to view GA data (currently is showing back to May - after one month of useing free tool)

All of them. There are data limits that apply once you've hit scale. You probably won't hit them if GA is your only data source; but once others in the company get in and you have a few more data sources you'll start bumping up against storage limits.

If for example I want to compare 2015 to this year, do you know how mlong it will take to import that data?

If you're talking about overall upload speeds, it shouldn't take long. Have you already made a GA connection and started piping in data?

• HI Adam,

Thanks again for answering these.

Yes I've created a card connected to GA but it has never pulled in data further back than May when I created it, thats why I'm confused. ?

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@adamchavez, can you provide more insight? 

• HI, problem sill remains - data never goes back further than May I set up the connector in June.

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee

@Wardy The version of the Google Analtyics connector that you are using only pulls data back 30 days when you first run it.  Domo stores all the data retrieved so over time your history will get bigger.  There is an advanced version of the Google Analytics Connector that lets you pull more than 30 days of history, but it requires help from support to setup.

Thanks,

Sam

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.
  • Thanks - does that mean it will only ever pull back 30 days? SO I set up in June and it will only ever go back as far as May (regardless of how long it runs)?

Regarding the advanced connector... is that tool available in free?

Thanks again for your assistance.

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

Correct.  If you set it up in June it will never go back past May.  But Domo stores all the data it imports so next May you will have a years worth of data in Domo.

My understanding is that free accounts don't have access to support so the advanced connector isn't available to free accounts since it requires help from support to set it up.