Has anyone successfully connected into JW Player

User_461
User_461 Domo Employee

I have a customer moving from BrightCove (which we have an API for) to JW Player. Have we connected successfully into JW Player and what does that connection look like? Status of a possible JW Player API?

Best Answer

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@samh - Domo doesn't create API's for other companies. The company (in this case JW Player) will create their own API.

We then create a connector that utilizes their API and gets the data we need/want.

So yes, JW Player does have an API they have created - https://developer.jwplayer.com/jw-player/docs/developer-guide/api/javascript_api_reference/

Given that, it is very possible for us to get that data into Domo. Domo doesn't currently have a connector for JW Player, but If you head over to developer.domo.com you can see that you can actually build your own connector or even use Domo's API to push the data into Domo.

Answers

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@samh - Domo doesn't create API's for other companies. The company (in this case JW Player) will create their own API.

We then create a connector that utilizes their API and gets the data we need/want.

So yes, JW Player does have an API they have created - https://developer.jwplayer.com/jw-player/docs/developer-guide/api/javascript_api_reference/

Given that, it is very possible for us to get that data into Domo. Domo doesn't currently have a connector for JW Player, but If you head over to developer.domo.com you can see that you can actually build your own connector or even use Domo's API to push the data into Domo.

• Do we have a connector for JW Player API?

• Bulloko
    Bulloko Domo Employee

@samh wrote:

Do we have a connector for JW Player API?

As I mentioned in my post above:

Domo doesn't currently have a connector for JW Player, but If you head over to developer.domo.com you can see that you can actually build your own connector or even use Domo's API to push the data into Domo

• Alternatively, an Enhancement Request may be submitted via the Support department to study the feasibility of creating this connector.

I am no longer with Domo, please reach out to another Domo lead for assistance. Thank you!