Can someone help with a simple join?

damen
damen Contributor

This is a super simple problem, not sure what is going on but I am hoping a fresh set of eyes might help.

All I am trying to do is take the 'property_address' column from the powerlender table and use that information onto the foreclosure table - foreclosure is otherwise all ready to go.

Both tables have a loan_id (one is called application_key) that are in different formats. I alter the columns so that each of them are in integer form

The powerlender tables has all of the same loan numbers (and addresses that i am missing from foreclosure are in there) as the foreclosure table so it is not missing data

when i go to add the property_address column to the foreclosure table, (and call it 'address') they are not populating as one would expect.

Any ideas of what might be the issue?

Thanks in advance

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Tagged:

Answers

• @damen For the null values, would you mind just posting the Loan ID and the Application_Key before the alter columns for a couple of those rows? It looks like it would be an issue where the Application_Key doesn't exist in the Powerlender dataset or isn't matching up to the Loan ID.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**

**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

• damen
    damen Contributor

@RobSomers

Hey, I think I found the issue. We had a few 'application_key' lines with a few non numerical values in them. Once we went in and removed any non integer values, they matched up as expected.

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!