I have an unexpected outcome of a beast mode calculated column, can you help?
I've been working on a dashboard that has a radio selector to select which project the dashboard presents data from.
In this process, if an option is not set on the radio selector, my dashboard populates with "Please filter on Project" on most of my cards except one which is not behaving as expected.
For context, each project has a name, manager and sponsor; with my in-card filters, there are nine projects.
The code below works as intended
CASE WHEN COUNT(`Project_Manager`) = 1 THEN CONCAT('Delivery Lead: ',`Project_Manager`,' ', 'Accountable Executive: ', `Project_Sponsor`) ELSE 'Please Filter on Project' END
However, as soon as I add more to the Concat function, as you can see below.
CASE WHEN COUNT(`Project_Manager`) = 1 THEN CONCAT('Project Name: ',`Project_Name`,' ', 'Delivery Lead: ', `Project_Manager`,' ', 'Accountable Executive: ', `Project_Sponsor`) ELSE 'Please Filter on Project' END
CASE WHEN COUNT(`Project_Name`) = 1 THEN CONCAT('Project Name: ',`Project_Name`,' ', 'Delivery Lead: ', `Project_Manager`,' ', 'Accountable Executive: ', `Project_Sponsor`) ELSE 'Please Filter on Project' END
Both outputs do not behave as expected and populate with the first project of the nine instead of the 'Please Filter on Project' as intended, even though there are 9 Project_names/managers etc.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi @Stuck ,
Any way you can show the actual data or a mock up? It'd be good to see a screenshot of what these fields look like and your formula to the right in a table to gain more context.1
Hi MichelleH, prior to filters, yes, after filters, no. The idea of the dashboard is that using a single select radio selector on the page users are able to reduce the number of projects to 1. With no filtering taking place it will return the "Please filter on Project". This criteria has worked on all other cards on my dashboard with no issue, but as soon as I add in that extra line of code it breaks down and stops working for just this card.0
As for the data set - its mostly just as simple as project name, project manager and project sponsor. My solution is currently splitting out the "project Name" and all the other components into two cards, which works but doesn't look as tidy.0
@Stuck Case statements tend to get messy when mixing aggregates with row-level data, which is likely the cause of why that is not working. Have you tried wrapping a MAX() around your CONCAT() to artificially aggregate your one row? If that doesn't work then it sounds like you've found a decent work-around by splitting the data into multiple cards.1
- 7.7K All Categories
- 3 Connect
- 919 Connectors
- 244 Workbench
- 477 Transform
- 1.8K Magic ETL
- 60 SQL DataFlows
- 446 Datasets
- 38 Visualize
- 198 Beast Mode
- 2K Charting
- 8 Variables
- 19 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 1 Automate
- 348 APIs & Domo Developer
- 82 Apps
- 14 Predict
- 3 Jupyter Workspaces
- 11 R & Python Tiles
- 241 Distribute
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 241 Scheduled Reports
- 15 Manage
- 36 Governance & Security
- 27 Product Ideas
- 1.1K Ideas Exchange
- Community Forums
- 14 Getting Started
- 1 Community Member Introductions
- 49 Community News
- 18 Event Recordings
- 579 日本支部