excluding a card from being filtered by date

is there a way to exclude a card from being filtered by the date range selected?

I've got two charts on the dashboard. One will be showing sales data... and I want to filter that by date. But then I have another chart with user information (which provides the customer's registration date, last login, last purchase, etc.).

If I filter the first chart by a date range, it'll filter my second table by whatever date I'm using for the chart.... how can I get around this?

Can I convert the date values in the second chart to string format... and so they wouldn't be filtered? If so, how do I convert date to string?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

If you Edit Dashboard, you can select from the Edit Content menu - select Change filter exceptions and uncheck the box that says Allow global date. This will prevent the page data filter from filtering your card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

If you Edit Dashboard, you can select from the Edit Content menu - select Change filter exceptions and uncheck the box that says Allow global date. This will prevent the page data filter from filtering your card.

• Oh sweeeet. Is this a new functionality?

• No, I think it's been out since Dashboards have been out.

• Zel
    Zel Member

Hi @GrantSmith does this solution work if I'm using slicer for months instead of the date from dashboard? I tried to uncheck the allow global date, however my card is still affected by the month slicer thing.