DP22 - Using Beast Mode to Build Data Storytelling

This post is the supplement to my presentation “Using Beast Mode to Build Data Storytellingat my Domopalooza 2022 session. Over the course of that session I talked about several use cases and went over beast modes how to handle those use cases. I also discussed and talked about defining custom period over period definitions. I've outlined links below to posts outlining the different use cases and a breakdown of each. If you find this post or any of the related posts helpful please make sure to give it a like or an awesome below.

Beast Modes:

Formatted Time Duration

Adding Business Days

Links and Images

Sales Pacing Graph

Formatting Text

Custom Period of Period

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
**Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Comments

• Canioagain
    Canioagain Contributor

Incredible stuff Grant. Thank you

• Canioagain
    Canioagain Contributor

By appending that data set - just to verify I am doing it right - the output dataset is going to double,triple, quadruple in size depending on how many Constants/Date Operations you create right? And then it just makes sense to maybe filter out the dates you want so you can minimize the size of the data set (if an organization is worried about data limits)

• Correct. It can get quite large so if you're not needing specific periods for comparison with your dataset you can filter them out before you join your data.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**