How do I restart automated report emails after an unsubscribe?

Dr_Duru
Dr_Duru Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I was sending a report to a company Google group until someone in the group unsubscribed from the report. Apparently, that individual action unsubscribed the entire group from the report. Now, I am no longer able to send the report to the group. After I reset the report for sending, nothing happens. I now have to manually send it.

Is there a way for me to restart the automated emails? I'd like to avoid manual resends or being forced to manually manage a subscription list.

Tagged:

Answers

• To "restart it", I would delete the schedule and create a new one and see if that works. To avoid future issues like this, I think you will need to create a Domo User Group and have all of the individual people in listed in there rather than using a company Google group. Domo can't tell that the e-mail address that you are sending to is actually a group, it just thinks it is a single Domo user and is unsubscribing that user.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • I tried deleting the schedule and creating a new one. It didn't work.

The beauty of emailing reports is people who are not Domo users can receive the visualization.

Sounds like I need to go the manual route.

• You can enter in the individual e-mail address into the scheduled reports, even if they aren't Domo users. Might not be a fun exercise if your list is a hundred people or so, but that would let the unsubscribe link function properly.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • That's what I meant by manually manage the list. The bigger pain is having to remember to add new people when they join the group.

• Once again, no answer given to this obvious bug where one user in a Domo Group and unsubscribe for the entire group.