Heat map tables - Ranges per column

tgalling
tgalling Member
edited March 2022 in Charting

Hi,

I have a table with multiple columns and different sets of numeric data and would like each column to have a heat map applied to identify the quintiles.

I have tried a heat map table but it seems to apply a single range across all of the columns. Therefore the range spans the columns with the highest values down to the lowest values in other columns. What I'm looking for is to have a range specific to the values in each column.

For example

Column A is a name

Column B might have values from 500 to 2000

Column C might have values from 1 to 10

Column D might have values from 1,000 to 10,000

It looks like the heat map is applied across all of the columns with a range of 1 to 10,000 rather than rendering the colours within the range of each column.

I can't do this with a normal table as I don't have the specific numeric thresholds for the colours, I just need them to be applied automatically based on the range of data within the columns.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks,

Tim

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you are using the Heatmap Table card under the Tables and Textboxes, you can set the heatmap to be on an individual column basis. Under Chart Properties, go to Scale and select Independent Column Ranges.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • tgalling
    tgalling Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks Mark, much appreciated!

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

If you are using the Heatmap Table card under the Tables and Textboxes, you can set the heatmap to be on an individual column basis. Under Chart Properties, go to Scale and select Independent Column Ranges.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • tgalling
    tgalling Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks Mark, much appreciated!