Right string operation to remove the timestamp

I have a long date that I have converted to a text. Now I want to use the string operations tile to cut off the tail so I can have a nice clean date. the way it looks now in a string format is:

2022-02-24T12:08:34

What I want is:

2022-02-24

What I have been trying is:

But it leaving the date unchanged and that timestamp at the end is still there.

Thx

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

That looks correct. Are you looking at the newly named column for your result as it won't affect the original column.

A better option might be to use the Formula tile and use the date function to extract the date from your field. It would look like this:

DATE(`drentlastchanged`)

This will not only produce just the date, but will make it a date column that will be more usable at the card level.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

That looks correct. Are you looking at the newly named column for your result as it won't affect the original column.

A better option might be to use the Formula tile and use the date function to extract the date from your field. It would look like this:

DATE(`drentlastchanged`)

This will not only produce just the date, but will make it a date column that will be more usable at the card level.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @MarkSnodgrass Son of a gun you are right. The dataset has a ton of columns and I wasn't looking for the new column to be at the end of the columns. I was just referring to the existing column. Thanks!