How to modify(create/update/delete) rows of an existing data using custom JS app?

Hello folks,

I've been working with custom app where I am somewhat trying to replicate existing form builder application where I give users ability to fill forms to modify entries of an existing data data,

Example: Form would ask for entries like employee id, name, gender etc. and after hitting submit these values get populated as a row within the data. Also I would want to modify or delete them as necessary.

So to summarize, I want to make a POST request for updating/creating/deleting rows for an existing data in DOMO using custom app.

Any help appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• As far as I know, the only way to do this would be with a server-side function that places a DOMO API call to modify the dataset.

• one of the nice things about custom apps is that when you sync appdb document collections to the datacenter, they sync with UPSERT dataset enabled.

to understand how to delete rows from a dataset with an UPSERT key, use that java cli and log-api to monitor which api is hit as you update datasets via cli

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"