Birthday calendar

Looking for a way to put team member's birthdays and anniversaries onto a calendar card for the team to see.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• FME_Cavinder
    FME_Cavinder Member
    Answer ✓

Found a cheat way, just created a BM to put everything into the current year.

date((SUBSTRING(CURRENT_DATE(),1,4) * 10000) + (MONTH(`BDAT_DATE`) * 100) + DAY(`BDAT_DATE`) )

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    edited October 2021

I would suggest using the calendar card. Then, if your data contains their actual birthday, to get their birthday into the current year, you could use this beast mode:

ADDDATE(`birthdate`, interval (YEAR(CURRENT_DATE())-YEAR(`birthdate`)) year)

Here's a link to the KB article for the calendar card.

https://domohelp.domo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043427973-Calendar

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @FME_Cavinder I'm sure my method is a little outdated but for anniversary dates I have a table card that just shows employees and all their service dates. I then use this beastmode to color anything within 30 days.

case 

when DAYOFYEAR(`Latest Hire date`) - DAYOFYEAR(CURDATE()) < 0 then 'Past Date' 

when DAYOFYEAR(`Latest Hire date`) - DAYOFYEAR(CURDATE()) <= 30 then 'Within 30 days' 

when DAYOFYEAR(`Latest Hire date`) - DAYOFYEAR(CURDATE()) > 30 then 'More then 30 days' 

end

Then I use this BM to filter on Next Month and send a report to the managers so they know which of their employees have upcoming service days.

Case

When MONTH(`Latest Hire date`) = MOD(MONTH(CURDATE()),12) + 1 then 'Next Month' 

else 'Other'

End

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• FME_Cavinder
    FME_Cavinder Member
    Answer ✓

Found a cheat way, just created a BM to put everything into the current year.

date((SUBSTRING(CURRENT_DATE(),1,4) * 10000) + (MONTH(`BDAT_DATE`) * 100) + DAY(`BDAT_DATE`) )