Specifying Image Size and Margins

Is there a way to specify the size of an image in pixels when displaying it on an image card?

I don't know of any way to do this other than using the bar below the image in the dashboard editor.

Also, is there any way to control the large margins above and below the image in mobile mode?

I imagine it could be controlled to some extent by using HTML tags in beast mode.

However, in such a case, I understand that images are specified by URL.

This would mean that the images would have to be on an external server rather than uploaded to Domo, which doesn't fit my intended use case.

Answers

• What's the requirement? you described technical solutions. but why do you need what you're asking for?

if you use HTML tags to control images sizes in a table card, yes you can pass styling in the HTML. Domo has limited support for that in table cards. I don't believe that's possibe in image cards. You can upload files to Domo using the Files API, but I'm not sure if that suits your use case.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Tow
    Tow Member

Thank you for your comment, jaeW_at_Onyx.

This is a request from our design team. They want to elaborate a bit more on the layout of the dashboard.

I didn't know about the File API, so that might be a tip for me. I'll look into it.

• You can create your own custom app if you want to do a custom visualization but it'd be a bit difficult to maintain if you're wanting to utilize custom apps for every single dashboard you're wanting.

You can check out https://developer.domo.com to see how you can extend the Domo platform.

This may also be something to reach out to your CSM.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Tow
    Tow Member
    edited August 2021

Thank you GrantSmith for your comment. I am interested in the custom app.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fit with the budget of our project, but I' ll try to test it.