Beast Mode to Add "Warning" for Data Point

I have the Beast Mode below for a card that reflects IsShortAbandon "Good" when <=.07, else "Bad". I want to add "if .06 - .069 then "Warning". I am struggling a bit with the logic and appreciate in advance any assistance.

Thanks

Michael

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Case statements work from the top down and exit out as soon as they find a match, so if you put your statement in a logical order such as evaluating from smallest to largest, you can properly work through the different scenarios.

In your scenario, I'm guessing you want "Good" to be less than .06, "warning" to be less than .07 and then "bad to be anything else. You can set it up like this....

CASE WHEN ... <.06 THEN 'Good'

WHEN ... < .07 THEN 'Warning'

ELSE 'Bad'

END

Also, I would suggest either moving your error logic to the outside or replace 'Error' with 0. Otherwise it is going to try and divide 'Error' by Queued minus 'Error' which won't work.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@MichaelClark since it is top down, the .05 will stop at .06 and would not evaluate any lines below it.

Happy to help!

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Case statements work from the top down and exit out as soon as they find a match, so if you put your statement in a logical order such as evaluating from smallest to largest, you can properly work through the different scenarios.

In your scenario, I'm guessing you want "Good" to be less than .06, "warning" to be less than .07 and then "bad to be anything else. You can set it up like this....

CASE WHEN ... <.06 THEN 'Good'

WHEN ... < .07 THEN 'Warning'

ELSE 'Bad'

END

Also, I would suggest either moving your error logic to the outside or replace 'Error' with 0. Otherwise it is going to try and divide 'Error' by Queued minus 'Error' which won't work.

• As always, thank you for the guidance Mark!

Michael

• One question though, will the BeastMode look at <.07 Warning and pick up .05 OR since it is top down, it will stop at .06 line and a .065 would then trigger Warning for .07?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

@MichaelClark since it is top down, the .05 will stop at .06 and would not evaluate any lines below it.

Happy to help!