How do I create a dropdown list in a DOMO webform

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm trying to create a dropdown list in a webform. So, when a user is trying to edit the webform in a dashboard using the inline editing app, they will see a dropdown list with possible options. However, I cannot find a way to do that. Any help on how to do it?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, Domo webforms aren't designed for that and have no data validation logic or capabilities such as dropdown lists. An alternative would be to build a custom app that is a form and you could build in dropdown list capabilities. Adding enhancements to the webform is a good idea, though, and could be worth submitting in the ideas exchange section of the Dojo.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, Domo webforms aren't designed for that and have no data validation logic or capabilities such as dropdown lists. An alternative would be to build a custom app that is a form and you could build in dropdown list capabilities. Adding enhancements to the webform is a good idea, though, and could be worth submitting in the ideas exchange section of the Dojo.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • @Karim, Domo does sell the 'inline form editor' i believe it's called which will do what you're describing. (they also have a product for designing surveys ... which is again... similar to what you're describing, but i don't know the cost).

@MarkSnodgrass , unfortunately since it is a premium feature ... lol... i can't imagine that Domo would make it free anytime soon. But who knows. we can always hope for DP21.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"