DOMO Rank System

I have this card that I'm trying to rank by each month.

It seems like it's ranking the numbers with both months, but I want them ranked individually by month.I.E. between 9 and 10 #9 is under Jan but #10 is under Feb.

This is the beastmode so far.

Rank()

Over(order by COUNT(`Certificate#`) desc)

Also is there a way to remove the month rankings and just do it by total if that's possible or remove the total rank column and just do it by month? Thanks!

Answers

• Hi @user063136

You just need to add a partition to your window function to calculate the rank within each specific month.

RANK() OVER (PARTITION BY YEAR(`date`), MONTH(`date`) ORDER BY COUNT(`Certificate #) desc)

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Rank()

Over(partition by MONTH(`EventDt`),YEAR(`EventDt`) order by COUNT(`Certificate#`)DESC )

turns out like this

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    edited February 2021

i think your result is correct even though it's not what you want.

start with a table card before you do a pivot table.

sort your card by year, month, count(cert) desc in your

validate whether your original rank() is giving the correct result. if not, try

sum(min(1)) over (partition by MONTH(`EventDt`),YEAR(`EventDt`)Β order by sum(1) desc )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esnu1PSxRjM

Jae Wilson
    Check out my πŸŽ₯ Domo Training YouTube Channel πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❀️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Sorry I'm still not getting it. Not sure how to use a pivot table to get the ranks by month and total.

• @user063136

post a sample dataset.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • user063136
    user063136 Member
    edited February 2021

The Dataset format is like this, but the dates aren't limited to 2021 obviously.

• Hi GrantSmith , How you used Rank() , its not present in Beast mode.

• @Kumar619 it's a feature that needs to be enabled on the instance, contact your CSM or support and ask them to enable "window functions in beast modes"

Jae Wilson