variance

AndresChavez
AndresChavez Member
edited February 2021 in Magic ETL

Performing the percentage variance calculation gives me this warning An issue has occurred during processing. We are unable to complete the request at this time. What can I do to solve it or what is it due to? Thank you

Answers

• Hi @AndresChavez

What does your beast mode look like you're using to calculate the variance?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Hello @GrantSmith .

I am using this command.

(Case when (month(`Datefield`) = month(curdate()) and year(`Datefield`) = year(curdate()) and DAYOFMONTH(`Datefield`) <= DAYOFMONTH(curdate())) then `Amountfield` end / Case when (month(`Datefield`) = month(curdate()) and year(`Datefield`) = year(date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 year)) and DAYOFMONTH(`Datefield`) <= DAYOFMONTH(curdate())) then `Amountfield` end) -1

thanks

• @AndresChavez you probably have a syntax error. and your code is hard to read because you didn't format it.

keep breaking apart your beast mode into it's composite parts (the two CASE statements) and work backward until you find the point of failure.

BTW if you use three tildas , `, you can insert a code block like this

(Case when (month(`Datefield`) = month(curdate()) and year(`Datefield`) = year(curdate()) and DAYOFMONTH(`Datefield`) <= DAYOFMONTH(curdate())) then `Amountfield` end 
    / 
    Case when (month(`Datefield`) = month(curdate()) and year(`Datefield`) = year(date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 year)) and DAYOFMONTH(`Datefield`) <= DAYOFMONTH(curdate())) then `Amountfield` end
    ) -1

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"