Using a Power BI dataset

Hello, 

Is there any way to import a dataset created in Power BI (via Power Query) into Domo as a dataset? For example, my organization uses a Data Warehouse (other than domo). The Finance group, which uses Power BI performs transformations on the data from the Data Warehouse. I would like to use the 'processed' datasets in Domo rather than attempt to duplicate the transformations already done in Power Query.

Comments

• Hi @user023026 

Domo doesn't have a Power BI connector currently. You've got a few options:

1) Write your own custom connector (not sure if you'd have access to Power BI's API / https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/ )

2) Utilize the R or Python SDK to export the data from Power PI and upload to Domo

3) Have Power BI export your dataset and then upload it to Domo either via an existing connector for CSV files (Workbench, Dataset Via Email, CSV Upload) which would likely require manual intervention.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • marco_p
    marco_p Member

Hi @user023026, @GrantSmith

It has been some time that this question has been asked, and I am tasked with accomplishing the same task.

Are you familiar if DOMO from Power BI now?

• I don't believe this connector exists still, @marco_p.

Your best bet would be to create the data engineering you're doing in PowerBI in Domo.