Workbench job schedule - details

Hi,

I investigated into Domostats, Domo Governance datasets to find if Workbench Job schedule is available.

But I see none of them have the workbench schedule(manual, weekly, etc.,).

Please suggest where can I find Workbench Job schedule?

Thanks

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Khan_Naziya 

You won't have visibility into the workbench job schedules via a governance dataset. Workbench jobs (including their schedules) can be exported from workbench using the wb.exe executable.

wb.exe export-jobs --help

That will give you usage details where you can export your jobs to a folder in JSON notation to then parse the schedule out of. You'll likely need to use the full path to your executable wherever you installed it at. 

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

Hi @Khan_Naziya 

You won't have visibility into the workbench job schedules via a governance dataset. Workbench jobs (including their schedules) can be exported from workbench using the wb.exe executable.

wb.exe export-jobs --help

That will give you usage details where you can export your jobs to a folder in JSON notation to then parse the schedule out of. You'll likely need to use the full path to your executable wherever you installed it at. 

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

Is there any documentation on how to translate the schedule values from the json file into human readable details? When I parse out schedule from the json file, I get values like: 0 26 15 ? * 1, which is meaningless. I'd like to know how to turn this into a meaningful value.

• It's standard cron type scheduling. There's a lot of resources online but one I like to use is https://crontab.guru/ which helps decode cron strings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron is another good resource to understanding the special syntax.

The one exception to this is I believe Domo includes the seconds as the first number so there's one extra entry.

• mhouston
    mhouston Contributor

@GrantSmith thank you!! 

• Revisiting this — is there any more detailed documentation outside of the - - help option for the wb.exe commands?

I am running into issues with my server connection option (returns error: No connection to [servername]) but am at a loss of where to start trouble-shooting this.