Date Filter Calculated Field

I want to create a filter card to be applied over the Domo Page, where the filter card shows 2 checkboxes/radio-buttons with values:

'Last 7 Days' and Lat 30 Days'

On selecting any of those boxes/buttons, the data for the rest of the page should get filtered accordingly.

(Selecting 'Last 7 Days' check box should show only data for last 7 days, and likewise for 'Last 30 days')

I know we can add the date filter on the page filters at the top and in beta there is a feature of preset date filter too. 

But I would want to have this dynamic filter on the page. 

Is it feasible ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

The simplest way to do this would be to add a numeric filter to the page because of the way most data is bucketed. Since data from the past 7 days is also from the past 30 days, we aren't able to cleanly bucket the data the way a radio button requires without duplicating rows. 

To make the filter work, you will have to use an ETL to create a field for the difference between your date column and the current date. Then click the filter icon on the top right of the page you want, click "Add Filter", then select the column you created for number of days. Be sure to click "Save Filters" to populate the filter every time you open the page. 

Add Filter.PNG

Then you can adjust the number of days filter based on the time period you want to consider (e.g. Less than or equal to 7 for "Last 7 Days"). 

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

The simplest way to do this would be to add a numeric filter to the page because of the way most data is bucketed. Since data from the past 7 days is also from the past 30 days, we aren't able to cleanly bucket the data the way a radio button requires without duplicating rows. 

To make the filter work, you will have to use an ETL to create a field for the difference between your date column and the current date. Then click the filter icon on the top right of the page you want, click "Add Filter", then select the column you created for number of days. Be sure to click "Save Filters" to populate the filter every time you open the page. 

Add Filter.PNG

Then you can adjust the number of days filter based on the time period you want to consider (e.g. Less than or equal to 7 for "Last 7 Days"). 

• Thank you.

I agree that this is the only available option until the preset date filters are available to be applied on the dashboards.

This discussion has been closed.