Use Gauge : Target + comparison
I am using the Gauge to show my sales results.
But I want to show both a target point and compare it to last month.
Normally the line from previous month is the targetpoint but I want to adjust this.
Is this in any way possible? I also looked at the Comparative Fill Gauge but doesn't seem like the way to go.
Thanks in advance!
I've had success with the Filled Gauge chart type since there is a Target Value field you can use.
- To show last month's sales, use the date options in the card to select "Previous Month" as the timeframe (note that this will only work if you have a Date/Time field in your dataset). Then put your sales field in the "Gauge Values" spot
- To set a manual target, I usually create a Beast Mode with an average function around the value I want. If my goal is 13, I will enter "AVG(13)" in the Beast Mode to avoid aggregation issues. Then I drag the Beast Mode into the "Target Values" spot. Then it will show the target you set in grey.
Thank you for your reply @MichelleH
I think you might have misunderstood me (or I did).
I attached an image of what I am trying to accomplish.
So although I have 48 sales compared to 54 last month my target is 45.
But with the normal gauge I cant compare to last month.
And with the period over period gauge I cant set a target point.
Hopefully it's more clear now ?0
I see, you're looking for a month over month comparison with a target? You can try a Comparative Fill Gauge (Basic) chart like this:
This chart type doesn't seem to like aggregate Beast Mode calculations when I tried it, so it may require an ETL to summarize the data into a single line.1
- 7.7K All Categories
- 3 Connect
- 919 Connectors
- 244 Workbench
- 477 Transform
- 1.8K Magic ETL
- 60 SQL DataFlows
- 446 Datasets
- 37 Visualize
- 198 Beast Mode
- 2K Charting
- 8 Variables
- 18 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 1 Automate
- 348 APIs & Domo Developer
- 82 Apps
- 14 Predict
- 3 Jupyter Workspaces
- 11 R & Python Tiles
- 241 Distribute
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 241 Scheduled Reports
- 15 Manage
- 36 Governance & Security
- 27 Product Ideas
- 1.1K Ideas Exchange
- Community Forums
- 14 Getting Started
- 1 Community Member Introductions
- 49 Community News
- 18 Event Recordings
- 579 日本支部