Beast Mode Numbers Sorting Improperly

Hi all - I create the folling simple beastmode to find the number of days between two dates: 

DATEDIFF(`Date1`, `Date2`)

The formula validated and the output reflected the correct number of days between the two dates - great! 

The problem is that the card that the beastmode is in does not seem to recognize the value of the number, even though the data type shows up as a number and falls under the "measures" category. When sorting, only the first number seems to matter - for instance, 1,000 comes before 2, and 2,000 comes before 3, etc. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Comments

• That is weird, I have a calculation like that sor sorting and it works fine.

all I can think of is , make sure 1) your beastmode is the first in the sorting box and it is set to no aggregation and 2) take a look at what else you are sorting the table (second, third ect level of sorting) and 3) make sure your dates are all dates and take in consideration if NULLS are present, either filter them out or modify your beastmode to assess for them

Screen Shot 03-29-19 at 10.37 AM.PNG

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • ClaraS
    ClaraS Member

I am having the same issue. There is no other sorting levels and I am choosing "no aggregation". It still shows, in ascending order:  1 -11 - 12 -13 - 2 - 3 - 4...

• Yup, still happening for me as well! I think it might be a bug because I tried everything above and nothing fixed it. Also it is happening on other cards with other variables. 

• I am going to share this thread with the support team to have a look, thanks!

• is the beastmode Blue or Green when you add it to the sorting section 

if blue = Text that explains the order 1, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3, 

if green = its a number and should sort properly 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • ClaraS
    ClaraS Member

It is green

• @DaniBoy Any updates on this? I'm still dealing with this issue on the original card and now several others. Have checked that the measure is green, set to 'no aggregation', etc. but still numbers that lead with a smaller value are appearing before numbers that leader with a greater value. For example, 1359 is sorting ahead of 751 even though it is set to know aggregation + acsending. Also it may be worth mentioning that the values I am using come from a beast mode that is calculated using other numeric measures. Not sure if the beast mode origin could be a contributing factor in this bug. Thanks!

• ClaraS
    ClaraS Member

Hi, I finally called Domo help and they were able to find the issue. I was entering "error" after the last else and that is why it wasn't recognizing the whole calculation as a number. I changed it to  -1 and the issue was fixed. Hope it works for you.

• Thanks @ClaraS  for sharing. 

@PI_Science Can you see if Clara's recommendation helps you out? Please let us know.